Maybe you mean: ''
Rottnest Channel Swim | Information for Skippers
Saturday 27/2/15 http://rottnestchannelswim.com.au/
This event is the busiest and longest day of the year for the Boat Park and Boat Lifters. Last year through planning and cooperation from all customers the day was a great success. This year we aim to have almost all of the boats in the water the day prior to ensure there are no hold ups. For this to happen we ask that the below procedures are followed for the day.
This year the book in system will be the same as previous. The steps are as follows.
ALL ROTTNEST SWIM BOATS WILL BE LOADED INTO THE WATER PRIOR TO THE DAY, STARTING ON TUESDAY 25th FEBRUARY 2016 IN PREPARATION. It is important that you leave the marina at the time you provide. Your boat may be stopping another from getting out.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR BOAT IS FULLY PREPARED PRIOR TO THE DAY:
FUEL UP in the week prior – once you leave your load out point (as allocated by Blue HQ staff) there is no guarantee it will be available on your return. i.e. If you go and fuel up and then try and get back, we will continue to fill any vacant jetty area as it presents.
WORK RACKS will be in high demand prior to this event (as will mechanics) – don’t leave anything to the last minute or you may be disappointed.
CHECK NAVIGATION LIGHTS, remember that many of you supporting solo or duo swimmers will be departing Blue HQ in the dark. Please check that your navigation lights are working to avoid being stopped by water police which may delay your arrival at the start line.
CHECK VHF, All official swim communications are now done through VHF so please check also your VHF radio and aerial are in good condition if you have not been using regularly.
BATTERIES, don’t risk a flat battery if you have not used your boat in a long time.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL ONLINE BOOKINGS.
- ALL BOATS MUST BE BOOKED AS AN AFTER HOURS BOOKING if you are planning to leave the Boat Park on the Saturday early before 7.00am.
- ALL BOOKINGS MUST HAVE A TIME THAT YOU INTEND TO LEAVE. We recommend leaving at least 1 hr prior to your wave departure time.
- ALL BOOKINGS MUST HAVE A SKIPPERS MOBILE NUMBER.
- ALL BOOKINGS MUST HAVE A RETURN DATE. i.e. returning the same day or planning on staying overnight at Rottnest. This helps with marina planning.
- IF YOU HAVE BOOKED AFTER HOURS WE EXPECT YOU TO BE GONE BY 7.00AM ON THE SATURDAY. We will open the Saturday morning bookings on this week at 7.00am for all other customers. Rottnest swim participants must be departed before this time.
To accommodate the high number of early departures it will be necessary for us to raft up boats. Fenders are client’s responsibility, please ensure fenders are on board and labelled prior to the requested launch.
ALL CLIENTS NOT DOING THE SWIM, PLEASE DO NOT USE THE AFTER HOURS SPOTS ON FRIDAY THE 26th.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR PEOPLE WANTING TO USE THEIR BOAT DURING THE WEEK OF THE ROTTNEST SWIM
- For normal launches vessel keys will be in the ignition.
- For after hours launches your keys will be in the secure lockers, use your 6 digit pin to open the locker.
- If you are returning after hours please leave the keys in the After Hours return slot. This is labelled and located on the storage shed closest to the water on the northern boundary.
- The rest of the time the keys will remain in the vessel.